HARRISBURG, Pa. — If you want to improve your dairy herd performance, take a look at your pregnancy rates.
Dr. James Ferguson, professor of nutrition with the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, will share a look at reproductive management strategies to achieve a pregnancy rate of 25 percent or higher a webinar Aug. 9, at 2 p.m.
Ferguson’s work specializes in the relationship between nutrition, reproduction and production in dairy cattle. He will show how pregnancy rates can be improved through herd management changes.
To pre-register, email email@example.com.
Other scheduled webinars include:
- Aug. 23, “Milk Quality Management Strategies to Achieve a SCC of 150,000 or Less,” Dr. Mike Kristula, University of Pennsylvania.
- Sept. 13, “Milk Yield and Nutritional Management Strategies to Gain 4-5 Pounds in Milk Yield,” White and Dr. Linda Baker with the University of Pennsylvania.
- Sept. 27, “Heifer Rearing Strategies to Achieve an AFC of 22 Months,” Galligan.
- Oct. 11, “Milk Processing & Consumption Trends in Pennsylvania,” White and Dr. John Stanton with the Saint Joseph’s University School of Food Marketing.
- Oct. 25, “A Review of What Labeling Can Do for Pennsylvania Milk Sales,” Stanton.
Leave a Comment
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox