COLUMBUS — Charles Harold Ingraham, 89, died Aug. 19. He was born on a Washington County farm (Newport Pike) near Marietta, Ohio.
Ingraham was the son of C.H. (Charley) and Clara Whitney Ingraham. He was a 1942 graduate of Marietta High School. He was an active 4-H club member and adviser and a FFA member.
Ingraham received his BS, masters, and doctorate degrees from The Ohio State University.
He started working at Ohio State in 1950 as a county agricultural extension agent in Hocking and Hamilton counties. He joined the AEDE faculty in 1950, serving as state extension livestock marketing specialist from 1950 to 1957. He then served as the state extension business management specialist from 1957 until his retirement from the department, in 1980.
After his retirement from Ohio State, he served for two years as a consultant to the Hawaii Attorney General and 11 years with the Hawaii Governor’s Agriculture Coordinating Committee.
He was a director of several organizations including the National Council of Cooperatives, American Institute of Cooperatives and Ohio 4-H Foundation. In 2000 he was inducted into the Ohio Agricultural Hall of Fame. He received much recognition for his contribution to agriculture.
During World War II, he served with the Company K, The Ohio State guard and later the U.S Army as Regimental Communications Officer and CO of Headquarters Company, 342nd Infantry Regiment, 86th Division in the Philippines.
He was preceded in death by wives, Josephine Dunkle and Edith Warner Andrews; son, Bruce; brother, Whitney; and sister, Pauline Smith.
He is survived by son, Ted Ingraham, Beavercreek, Ohio; daughter, Charlotte Roark, Delaware, Ohio; daughter-in-law, Bonnie Ingraham, Loudon, Tenn; five grandchildren; one great-granddaughter; step-grandchildren and step-great-grandchildren; sister, Kathryn Bowen, of Lewisville, Ohio; sister-in-law, Sarah Alice Warner, Delaware, Ohio; and brother-in-law, Joy Warner, Ardmore, Tenn.
Contributions can be made to Charles H. Ingraham Scholarship Fund#603375, OSU Foundation, 1480 W. Lane Ave, Columbus, OH 43221 or to Boulevard Presbyterian Church, 1235 Northwest Blvd., Columbus, OH 43212. Guests can visit www.schoedinger.com to sign a guestbook.