- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 6 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Combine apples and carrots; place in a greased shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Drizzle with orange juice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and nutmeg; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until the carrots are tender.