- 1 (12.3-ounce) package firm silken tofu
- 1 cup soybean (vegetable) oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 soy flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 1 cup walnut halves
- Vanilla Glaze
- 3 tablespoons soy margarine, melted
- 1 cup confectioners? sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 chopped walnuts, optional
Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 12-cup fluted tube pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl, mix tofu, oil, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour, sugar, soy flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cloves and salt. Mix well. Stir in apples and walnuts.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Spoon Vanilla Glaze over cake.
In medium bowl, combine margarine, sugar and vanilla; mix well. Stir in water until smooth. Spoon glaze over cake. Garnish with walnuts, if desired.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox