Asparagus with Gremolata Sauce
Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 2 pounds asparagus (washed and trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons margarine (or butter)
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel (grated)
- 1 garlic clove (large, minced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- Fresh chopped parsley
- Cook asparagus in a large pot of boiling water until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain: rinse with cold water to cool quickly, and drain again.
- Pat dry; wrap in a paper towel and then plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Melt margarine in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add lemon peel and garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add asparagus and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Sauté until asparagus is heated through and coated with Gremolata sauce, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to platter.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes