Asparagus with Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1 pound large asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 hard‐boiled egg, finely chopped
- Cook asparagus using the method of your choice just until tender.
- Shock in ice water until cold and drain.
- Cover and chill.
- Whisk oil and vinegar in small bowl to blend.
- Add tomato, bell pepper, green onion and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange asparagus on a large platter.
- Spoon half of vinaigrette over asparagus.
- Garnish with chopped egg.
- Serve immediately, and pass remaining dressing separately.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes