Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 8 ounces ziti, uncooked
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes, low sodium
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella, divided
- 1/2 cup, plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400F.
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes and Italian seasoning. In a separate bowl, mix zucchini, ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread half of tomato sauce on bottom. Top with ziti, ricotta mixture and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan. Bake until top is brown and sauce is bubbling, 35 to 40 minutes.