- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of cayenne
- 2 large ripe peaches, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 cups bitter greens such as baby arugula, frisee, or other field greens
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Add the peach chunks and toss to coat.
- Let sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the greens between 4 chilled salad plates.
- Spoon the peach balsamic mixture over the four salads and serve immediately.
- Note: this salad recipe should not be made ahead as the peaches will absorb to much dressing and breakdown.
- Mix before serving.