- 1/2 pound ground beef sirloin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 6 (9 inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (11 oz) can corn kernels, drained
- 2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion, including green tops
In a medium nonstick skillet, brown ground beef and garlic over medium heat; (break beef mixture up into smaller chunks with a spoon). Drain fat and stir in 1/2 cup of the salsa; set aside. Spread 1/3 cup of rice on center of a tortilla, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Scatter about 2 tablespoons of beans and 1 1/2 tablespoons of corn over rice. Spread 1/3 cup of the beef mixture and 1/4 cup of the cheese over corn. Top with 2 teaspoons of the salsa and a few pieces of green onion. Fold in two opposite edges of tortilla one inch each and roll up. Place, seam side down, on microwave safe dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Place burritos in a microwave oven and heat 1 minute or until heated through. Serve with remaining salsa.
Recipe provided by the National Dairy Council.