Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon prepared Italian dressing
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- Parmesan Orzo:
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta, cooked
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Soak eight 8-inch bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes. Cut beef steak into 1 1/4-inch pieces. Toss beef and bell peppers with 1 tablespoon basil, dressing and garlic in large bowl. Alternately thread beef and peppers onto skewers. Toss orzo ingredients in medium bowl; keep warm. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, about 8 to 10 minutes for medium rare (145°) to medium (160°) doneness, turning occasionally. Serve with orzo.