- 4 new red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into quarters
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, preferably extra-virgin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, large, washed, dried and torn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, red or yellow, cut in half
- 3/4 lb. cooked roast beef, or steak, thinly sliced
Place potatoes in medium-sized saucepan and cover with lightly salted water by 1 inch. Bring to boil over medium heat and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl, whisk together shallots, vinegar, mustard, parsley, tarragon and water. Slowly whisk in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Drain potatoes and rinse with cold water. Divide lettuce among four plates; arrange potatoes, tomatoes and beef on top. Drizzle with vinaigrette dressing and serve.
Good with crusty French bread.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox