- 2 baked and cooled 8- or 9-inch cakes
- Ready-to-spread or homemade chocolate frosting
- McCormick® Black Food Color
- Assorted decorations for cat’s face, such as candy corn for eyes, nose and tongue, and licorice strings for whiskers
- Mark a circle around one of the cake layers about 1 inch in from cake edge.
- Cut at marking.
- Remove inner circle and place on large platter.
- This will be the cat’s head.
- Cut cat tail, ears, and feet from remaining 1-inch outer circle and arrange on body of cat.
- Mix food color into frosting, using about 3 to 4 drops food color for every 1/2 cup frosting.
- Frost cat head and body.
- Frost tail, ears and feet and attach to cat head and body with frosting.
- Use candy to make cat’s eyes, nose and tongue.