Brown Butter Spice Cookies
Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon spiced rum
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Place butter in a small heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown; cool slightly.
- Beat brown sugar and browned butter in a large bowl until blended.
- Beat in egg, then rum.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes