Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3 small apples, peeled, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 25 individually wrapped caramels (approx. 6-7 oz.)
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk, divided
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 lb. unsliced white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup thawed whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add apples; cook 5 min. or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Place caramels in microwaveable bowl.
- Add 2 Tbsp. evaporated milk; set aside.
- Pour remaining evaporated milk into large bowl.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon; whisk until blended.
- Add bread; stir until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in apples and cranberries; pour into buttered 2-qt. baking dish.
- Place in water bath.
- Bake 1 hour 10 min. on or until knife inserted in center of pudding comes out clean.
- Microwave caramels in microwaveable bowl on High 1 min. or until completely melted, stirring every 30 sec.
- Drizzle over pudding.
- Serve topped with whipped topping.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox