Submitted by: Debra Flinner of Canton, OH
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 cup crushed peanuts
- 8 med. Red Delicious apples, unpeeled, cut in chunks
- Combine ingredients; first 5, in order given, in saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil over low heat until thick, 5 minutes, whisking to stir.
- Remove from heat, cool completely.
- When cooled, add cool Whip, peanuts, then apples.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.