These rich and creamy potatoes are absolutely delicious. For an extra crispy bacon topping, sprinkle at end of cooking.
- 5 1/2 s mashed potatoes (about 4 lbs. uncooked)
- 1/2 milk
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. regular or low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 regular or low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, crispy cooked and crumbled (about 1/2 cup.
Preheat oven to 350°. Place all ingredients, except cheese and bacon, in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium-high speed until potatoes are smooth and creamy. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon*; cover. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Serves 12. Tip: For faster preparation, start with instant or refrigerated prepared mashed potatoes. *If you prefer extra crispy bacon, reserve bacon and sprinkle at end of cooking.
Posted in Casseroles