- 2 medium russet, white or yellow-flesh potatoes or 3-4 small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/4 cup diced dill pickle or dill pickle relish
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 4 slices American cheese
Cut potatoes into French fry-size sticks. Spread onion and pickle evenly on bottom of microwave-safe dish. Crumble beef evenly on top. Season with salt and pepper. Blend ketchup and mustard and drizzle over beef. Cover with cheese and scatter potatoes on top. Cover tightly with lid or plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 15 minutes (cooking time may vary depending on your microwave) or until beef and potatoes are done. Let sit for two minutes. Use oven mitts or tongs to remove from microwave. Remove plastic wrap carefully to prevent burns from steam. Serves 4.
This casserole combines the elements of a cheeseburger meal ? including French fries-into one dish.