- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hot dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ozs. smoked turkey, sliced
- 2 s fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 mango, pared and sliced
- 1 kiwi fruit, sliced
- 1 Napa cabbage, shredded
Spicy Dressing: Heat vegetable oil and 1 clove crushed garlic until hot but not smoking; cool and remove garlic. Add 2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar and 1 tablespoon each honey and hot dry mustard** and 1/2 teaspoon each ground ginger and salt; mix well. Makes about 1/3 cup.
Arrange turkey, cherries, mango* and kiwi fruit on shredded Napa cabbage. Drizzle Spicy Dressing over salad.
*One large nectarine may be substituted for mango.
**One tablespoon of your favorite mustard may be