- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 oz.) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/2 fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled, quartered and sliced
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped*
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 orange juice
In small bowl, combine oil, salt, pepper and garlic. Spread over one side of each chicken breast. In skillet, saute chicken seasoned side down in butter 4 to 6 minutes; turn and cook 4 to 6 minutes longer until chicken juices run clear. For salsa, in bowl, combine fruit, onion and pepper. Combine cornstarch and juice until smooth. Remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm. Stir juice mixture into skillet. Bring to boil; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; pour over fruit mixture. Gently toss to coat. Serve over chicken.
Tip: When chopping or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands. Avoid touching your face.