Chocolate Chip Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Melted semisweet and/or white chocolate, optional
- Melt butter in a microwave; stir in vanilla.
- Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners’ sugar; stir in butter mixture and chocolate chips (mixture will be crumbly).
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Dip or drizzle with chocolate if desired.
- Yield: about 4 dozen.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes