Chocolate Chip Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stir in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Drop by scant 1/4 cupfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing from baking sheets to wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox