Chocolate Truffle Cookies
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners’ sugar
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup of chocolate chips and butter; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat sugar and eggs for 2 minutes.
- Beat in vanilla and the chocolate mixture.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; beat into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Remove about 1 cup of dough.
- With lightly floured hands, roll into 1-in. balls.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly puffed and set.
- Cool on pan 3-4 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox