- 8 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 package (9 ounces) red-hot candies
- Place popcorn in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, corn syrup and candies; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over popcorn and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-inch by 10-inch by 1-inch baking pans.
- Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool.
- Break apart; store in airtight containers.