- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup orange juice (any type except canned)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried and sweetened
- Non-stick cooking spray or paper muffin liners (12)
Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly spray muffin tins with non-stick spray or put paper liners in muffin tins. Place first six ingredients (dry ingredients) in medium sized mixing bowl and stir. Make a ?well? in the center of dry mixture. Add wet ingredients to the well: orange juice, egg and oil. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not overmix. Break up clumps of cranberries and add to batter. Stir to distribute cranberries.
Fill muffin tins 1/3 ? l/2 full. Recipe will make 12 small muffins. Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes. Tops of muffins should spring back when lightly touched and there should be no areas of uncooked muffin. Cool muffins slightly and remove from tins.
Georgia Cooperative Extension Service