Crescent-Wrapped Scotch Eggs
- 1 lb. bulk pork sausage
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, patted dry
- 2/3 cup Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury®
- Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet or
- 1 can (8 oz)Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Divide sausage into 8 equal portions.
- Shape one portion of sausage around each egg, covering completely; coat with bread crumbs.
- Cut dough into 8 rectangles.
- Press each rectangle to form 4-inch square (if using crescent roll dough, firmly press perforations to seal).
- Place 1 sausage-wrapped egg on each square; wrap dough around sausage, stretching gently to avoid tearing.
- Pinch edges to seal.
- Spray each with cooking spray; coat with bread crumbs to cover completely.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox