- 6 oz. regular breakfast sausage
- ?2 tsp. cooking oil
- ?3 lbs. tri-tip beef, cut into small pieces or coarse ground
- ?1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ?1 can (14 1/2 ounces) beef broth
- ?1/4 tsp. oregano
- ?3 T. cumin
- ?7 cloves garlic
- ?2 T. Gebhardt® chile powder
- ?1 T. hot chile powder
- ?1 T. mild chile power
- ?5 T. red chile powder?
- 1 can (8 ounces) Hunt?s® Tomato Sauce
- ?1 can (10 ounces) Ro*Tel® Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- ?3 Dried California chile peppers, boiled and pureed
- ?1 Dried New Mexico chile peppers, boiled and pureed
- ?5 Dried Cascabel chile peppers, boiled and pureed
- ?1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ?1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- ?1 teaspoon Tabasco® Pepper Sauce
- ?1 teaspoon brown sugar?Juice of one lime?
- Salt to taste
Brown sausage, dry, and set aside. Heat oil in a pot, and brown beef. Add cooked sausage to pot. Add onion and beef broth to cover meat. Boil for 15 minutes. Add oregano and half the cumin. Reduce heat to light boil, and then add garlic. Combine chile powders and add half that mixture, and cook 15 minutes. Add tomato sauce and Ro*Tel® with puree from dried peppers. Add chicken broth for desired consistency. Cook for one hour, stirring often. Add remaining chile powder mixture and remaining cumin, and simmer for another 25 minutes on low to medium heat. Turn up the heat to a light boil, and add Tabasco®, cayenne pepper, brown sugar, lime juice and salt.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox