- 1 pound snap beans (fresh, green and yellow, trimmed)
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, fresh
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons savory (fresh, minced)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (fresh, minced)
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Place the beans in a steamer basket in a saucepan over 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil, cover and steam for 7 to 9 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Remove from heat, stir in savory, parsley, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and fresh pepper. Add beans and toss to coat. Sprinkle with bacon.
Recipe from Pennsylvania Vegetable Growers Association.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox