Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 4 hard-cooked eggs
- 4 s torn salad greens
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- 4 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 sliced pitted ripe olives, optional
- 1/2 bottled reduced-fat
- Italian salad dressing
- 1 (4 oz.) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 cup (1 to 2 oz.) tortilla or corn chips
- parsley sprigs, optional
Wedge one of the hard-cooked eggs and reserve 4 wedges for garnish. Chop remaining eggs. On 4 individual salad plates or in 8x8x2-inch baking dish or 1 1/2-quart serving dish, layer salad greens, onion, chopped eggs, seasoning, bacon, tomatoes, and olives, if desired. Cover and chill several hours or overnight. To serve, top with dressing and cheese. Garnish with tortilla chips, reserved egg wedges, and parsley, if desired.