Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 6 cups fresh vegetables, sliced (onions, celery, sweet red and green peppers and zucchini)
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can reduced- sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 1 cup fried chow mein noodles
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, until crisp-tender. Stir in rice. In medium bowl, stir together broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and salt, if desired. Pour over vegetable mixture. Cook, stirring over medium-high heat, until sauce in slightly thickened. To serve, top with eggs and chow mein noodles.