- 3 2/3 cups chicken broth, preferably homemade
- 1 3/4 cups uncooked quick hominy grits
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 medium chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 medium chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- 2 cups shredded aged Wisconsin Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Wisconsin Monterey Jack with hot peppers
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a 9? x 13? baking pan. Set aside.
Pour broth into large saucepan and bring to boil. Slowly stir in grits. Lower heat and simmer, stirring, 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover. Heat butter in large skillet or sauté pan. Add onion, garlic and red and green peppers. Sauté 5 minutes over medium heat. Gradually stir in grits and add remaining ingredients, mixing well. Spoon into prepared baking pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until set. Serve hot. Serves 10-12.