Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 4 T. California chili powder ?
- 3 T. Gebhardts chili powder
- ?1 T. Pasilla chili powder
- ?1 T. Chimayo chili powder
- ?2 ½ T. cumin
- ?1 T. granulated garlic
- ?1 T. onion powder
- ½ tsp. Cayenne powder
- ?2 tsp. salt
Combine above ingredients for spice mix. Reserve 4 Tbsp of mix and set aside. Divide the remaining amount into 2 equal parts.
- 3 lb. Tri-Tip roast or Chuck Tender cut in small chunks
- ?1-15oz. can of beef broth (Swansons) ?
- 1-15oz. can of chicken broth (Swansons)
- ?1-10oz. can of tomato puree (Hunts)
- ?2 green chiles ? from a 4 oz. can of whole ones
- Blended Tabasco to taste
- Salt to taste
In chili pot, combine beef broth, chicken broth, tomato puree and ½ of remaining spice mix. In skillet, brown the meat, drain and add to chili pot. Cook for about 1½ hours. ?Add other ½ of spice mix and blended green chiles and simmer for an additional hour. ?Add reserved 4 Tbsp of spice mix and cook a ½ hour more or until meat is tender. Adjust salt if necessary. Add Tabasco to taste. Makes about 3 quarts.