- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons ground hazelnuts
- 3 cups milk
- 6 egg whites
- 6 tablespoons dark molasses
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cocoa, ginger, cinnamon and cloves; stir in hazelnuts. Set aside.
In medium bowl, whisk together milk, egg whites and molasses.
Make a well in dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into it. Stir just enough to moisten; batter will be lumpy.
Heat lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop batter onto griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides; serve hot.