Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Crispy Rice Marshmallow Treats
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 cups crispy brown rice gluten-free cereal
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over low heat until just melted.
- Add marshmallows and heat very slowly with little stirring, until the marshmallows are almost melted.
- Patience is the key here.
- Stir gently until the marshmallows resemble marshmallow cream.
- It should be light and fluffy. (If cooked too quickly, the mixture will become tough. It may seem like it’s not incorporating, but be patient.)
- Turn off heat and pour in the cereal.
- Gently stir to evenly coat the cereal pieces.
- Pour into a greased pan and smooth to make level.
- Cut treats with knife or with cookie cutters and let cool.
- Alternately, press spoonfuls of the warm mixture into mini muffin tins coated with non-stick spray.
- Store in an airtight container.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox