- 3 cups Gluten Free Baking Flour Mix
- 1 3/4 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup lowfat buttermilk.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with the rack in the middle position.
- Roughly cover the bottom of a cast iron pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Stir in buttermilk until a dough forms.
- Scrape the dough into the prepared pan and smooth. Cut a cross shape into the top of the rounded loaf.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes. The loaf should be risen and golden brown. Remove the lid and continue baking until chestnut brown, about 12-15 minutes longer.
- Invert onto a wire rack, discard the parchment paper and turn right side up to cool for about 30 minutes. The longer it cools the easier it is to cut for sandwiches.
- Bread can be stored for 24 hours in the refrigerator.