Gluten-Free Pecan-Crusted Turkey Tenderloin
Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 1 pound turkey tenderloin, cut crosswise into 4 equal portions
- 2 cups nonfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup gluten free Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®, crushed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- Place one portion of turkey at a time between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or heavy skillet until flattened to an even thickness, slightly thicker than 1/4 inch. (It will be about the size of your hand.)
- Pour the buttermilk in a bowl.
- Add salt and sugar; seal and stir to dissolve.
- Add the turkey and submerge.
- Cover and refrigerate to marinate for 30 minutes (but no longer or it may be too salty).
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine egg whites, mustard, paprika and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Combine cereal and pecans in a second shallow dish.
- Remove the turkey from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Using tongs dredge the turkey in the egg mixture, allowing the excess to drip back into the dish to ensure a very thin coating.
- Then, dredge both sides in the cereal mixture, pressing the crumbs onto each piece to evenly coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place two of the pieces in the pan without crowding; cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to the wire rack on the baking sheet.
- Wipe out the pan and repeat with the remaining oil and turkey, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a cutlet registers 165°, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes