Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread
Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup warm fat-free milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grease a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan and sprinkle with gluten-free flour; set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm milk.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the eggs, oil, vinegar and yeast mixture.
- Gradually beat in the flour, xanthan gum, gelatin and salt.
- Beat on low speed for 1 minute.
- Beat on medium for 2 minutes. (Dough will be softer than yeast bread dough with gluten.)
- Transfer to prepared pan.
- Smooth the top with a wet spatula.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until dough reaches the top of pan, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes; cover loosely with foil.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
- Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes