- 1 cup butter or oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten well
- 6-7 large bananas, mashed
- 2 1/2 cups sifted self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup nuts (walnuts were cook?s choice)
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 2 large loaf pans or 5 small ones. Cream butter with sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Add mashed bananas, stirring to blend. Add flour slowly, mixing well. Add the nuts. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until done.
* This recipe was originally passed along by Jim Nabors who played Gomer on The Andy Griffith Show and on Gomer Pyle, USMC.
(Makes 5 small loaves or 2 regular bread loaves.)