Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 dry sherry
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 s small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups cooked green beans
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fine, dry breadcrumbs
saute onion and garlic in butter in large skillet. Add ground beef; cook until meat is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain. Add sherry, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside. Combine eggs, cottage cheese and parsley; set aside.
Layer green beans, meat mixture and cottage cheese mixture in 12x8x2-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Bake at 350° 40 minutes.