Grilled Black Bean- and Rice-Stuffed Peppers
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso® black beans, drained, rinsed
- 3/4 cup cooked white rice
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large bell peppers, cut lengthwise in half, seeds removed
- 1 plum (Roma) tomato, diced
- Additional chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
- Cut three 18×12-inch pieces heavy-duty foil.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Mix beans, rice, onions, 1/4 cup cilantro, the oil, lime juice, garlic and salt.
- Place 2 bell pepper halves on one side of each foil piece.
- Fill with bean mixture.
- Fold foil over peppers so edges meet.
- Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again.
- Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
- Cover and grill packets over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Place packets on serving platter.
- Cut large X across top of each packet; fold back foil.
- Sprinkle with tomato and additional cilantro.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes