Grilled Vegetable Skewers
- 1 medium ear fresh or frozen sweet corn, thawed and quartered
- 1 small zucchini, quartered
- 1/4 small red onion, halved
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the corn on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cover with waxed paper.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- On two metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the corn, zucchini, onion and tomatoes.
- Lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the seasonings; sprinkle over vegetables.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches from the heat for 6-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning frequently.
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox