- 1 pound zucchini, sliced (about 4 medium)
- 1 package (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (8 oz) low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooked lean ham or turkey ham, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
In large skillet over high heat, cover and cook zucchini, spinach, mushrooms, and garlic, until spinach starts to thaw, about 3 or 4 minutes. With fork, break spinach apart. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is crisp-tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain well. In large bowl, beat together eggs, cottage cheese, and seasonings until well-blended. Stir in ham and cooked vegetables. Lightly spray 12 x 7 1/2 x 2 inch baking dish. Pour in egg mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake in preheated 350° oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 25 to 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe provided by Ohio Poultry Association.