SIRLOIN STEAK AND TOMATO SALAD
Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon reduced-fat or regular balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 12 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper
- Brush onion slices with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette; set aside.
- Press chile powder onto beef steak.
- Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onions around steak.
- Grill steak, covered, 11 to 15 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 13 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Grill onions 13 to 15 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Separate onion slices into rings.
- Carve steak into slices. Season beef and onions with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Toss salad greens with remaining 1/3 cup vinaigrette and divide among 4 salad plates.
- Top with tomatoes, onions and beef.
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes