- 1 pkg. golden pound cake mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Lemon Glaze:
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Put cake mix, sour cream, poppy seeds, lemon peel, extracts and eggs in mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Fill greased muffin tins 1/2 full. Bake at 325° about 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before spreading with glaze.
Glaze: Mix sugar, lemon peel and lemon juice until smooth. Spread on cooled muffins. Makes 18 muffins.
Originally came from California Farm & Dairy reader Norma Hlavac a long time ago – a Lisbon reader.