- 5 1/2 s mashed potatoes (about 4 lbs. uncooked)
- 1/2 milk
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. regular or low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 regular or low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, crispy cooked and crumbled (about 1/2 cup.
Preheat oven to 350°. Place all ingredients, except cheese and bacon, in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium-high speed until potatoes are smooth and creamy. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon*; cover. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through. Serves 12.
Tip: For faster preparation, start with instant or refrigerated prepared mashed potatoes.
*If you prefer extra crispy bacon, reserve bacon and sprinkle at end of cooking.
These rich and creamy potatoes are absolutely delicious. For an extra crispy bacon topping, sprinkle at end of cooking.