- 1 McIntosh apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk (enough to moisten)
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 McIntosh apple, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 McIntosh apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients except second (sliced) apple together.
- Place in 9 by 5 loaf pan.
- Press apple slices into top of meatloaf.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 1 hour.
- Mix for glaze.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and glaze.
- Continue baking for 7-10 more minutes.
- Mix for sauce and serve with meatloaf.