Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
- 1 boneless corned beef brisket with seasoning packet (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into quarters
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 bottle (12 oz) cola
- 1 pound green cabbage, cut into thin wedges
- 1 pound red-skinned potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 to 8 baby carrots, trimmed, or 4 medium carrots, cut crosswise into thirds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Red Currant-Mustard Sauce
- 1 jar (12 oz) red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons country Dijon-style mustard
Place celery and onions in slow cooker; top with corned beef brisket. Sprinkle contents of seasoning packet over brisket. Add 2 cups water and cola. Cover; cook on high 6 to 7 hours, or on low 9 to 10 hours, or until brisket is fork-tender. No stirring is necessary during cooking. Meanwhile, place cabbage, potatoes and carrots in 2 1/2-quart microwave-safe dish; add remaining 1/2 cup water. Cover; microwave on high 15 to 18 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring or rearranging once. Drain; remove and discard cores from cabbage wedges. Add butter; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Toss to coat; keep warm. Prepare Red Currant-Mustard Sauce. Place jelly in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on high 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or until melted, stirring once. Whisk in mustard. Cover; microwave on high 30 seconds. Stir; keep warm. Remove brisket and carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with vegetables and sauce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.