- 1 package (7 1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90 percent lean)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (7 3/4 ounces) Mexican-style hot tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Prepare macaroni and cheese mix according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook the beef, onion and garlic in a Dutch oven over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the diced tomatoes, green chilies and taco seasoning.
- Stir in 2 cups cheese, beans, corn, tomato sauce and prepared macaroni and cheese dinner.
- Transfer to a greased 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with chips and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.