Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Around the Table Weekly Email
Get Around the Table in Your Inbox!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup butter or baking margarine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 5 cups flour (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-2 pkgs. mini or regular chips
- Mix first 5 ingredients, and then stir in the dry ingredients.
- The dough is done when it forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Divide dough into 4-5 sections, and wrap in plastic.
- Put plastic wrapped logs or balls into a plastic bag and freeze.
- To serve: Defrost in fridge or for a few minutes in the microwave.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 minutes at 350°.
- Cookies are done when they are pale on top and have a tiny bit of firmness.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Note: Almost any cookie dough may be frozen.
- Dough can be rolled into individual cookie balls and flash frozen, and then put into a freezer bag.
- Dough balls may be baked frozen but it takes longer so add a few more minutes and check often.
Want to share a recipe?
We are always looking for more recipes to add to our site. Submit Your Recipes