Oven-Fried Picnic Chicken
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 1/2 lb)
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal
- 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix or Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (1 oz each) ranch dressing mix (dry)
- Cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Pour buttermilk into shallow glass or plastic bowl.
- Add chicken; turn to coat.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag, crush cereal with rolling pin.
- Add Bisquick mix and dressing mix (dry) to cereal in bag.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk; discard buttermilk.
- Add chicken to cereal mixture.
- Seal bag; shake to coat.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
Get our Top Stories in Your Inbox