- 16 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
- 10 oz. can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked mafalda or farfalle pasta
- 16 oz. package frozen bell pepper and onion mixture
- 16 oz. package frozen precooked meatballs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
In 2 quart glass baking dish, mix spaghetti sauce, soup and water until blended. Add uncooked noodles, stir-fry mixture and meatballs and stir to coat. Make sure noodles are completely covered with sauce mixture. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole, covered, for 45 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with cheese, and bake uncovered 5-10 minutes longer until casserole is bubbly, noodles are tender and cheese is melted. Serves 6 to 8
Note: Since the pasta cooks in the sauce, it will be al dente, that is, still have a bit of texture and firmness in the center. If you prefer pasta softer, then cook it partially, not completely, and drain well before adding to the rest of the ingredients.
This pasta casserole recipe is so easy to make; and it must be made ahead of time, saving you time in the kitchen. You can use Easy Meatballs instead of the purchased variety if you like.